Monday, September 07, 2009

Take Shape For Life Journey - Day 0

After much contemplation, I've decided to take the plunge. Recently many around me have improved their health and well-being by losing weight through the Take Shape For Life program. So... I'm diving in.

Truth be told, I was hesitant to make this decision. I hadn't gotten on a scale in at least 3 years. It didn't matter. I knew I had gradually added pounds. Besides lacking energy, my clothes simply aren 't fitting the same. I can hide behind my ignorance no more. I got on the scale today. It is time.

So, I'm going to be doing the 5-and-1 plan - 5 meal replacements (shakes, oatmeal, soups, pudding, bars, etc.) and one "lean and green" meal daily. I'll eat these small meals throughout the day and take in plenty of water.

Though I'm not a picky eater, I'm not really a great fan of meal substitutes. I'd much rather eat "real" food. However, these replacements are physician-approved. In fact, it's the Medifast product, a weight-loss plan developed by a physician and recommended by thousands of physicians throughout the world.

The process is simple. But that doesn't necessarily mean it'll be easy. I guess I'm about to find out. Join me as I chronicle my experience on YouTube. In this first installment, you'll learn what I learned when I got on the scale, and you'll hear my weight loss goal. That ought to help with the accountability!

No comments: